Monday, October 5, 2009

Kristel's herb veggie pasta bake

Here is a concoction I came up with a few weeks ago when I was craving some warm Italian dish. Of course I didn't want to store so I made due with my I had on hand.  I'm going to call my creation:
Kristel's herb veggie pasta bake

1. Boil pasta noodles of any shape or size- (package sizes depending on how much food you want)
-I used about 1 large package of corkscrew pasta
2. While the pasta is boiling find a baking dish that will fit your pasta plus room for the extras you will add.
-I used a large casserole baking dish
3. Add in: Herbs (to your taste, fresh or dried), cheese (to your liking in both kind and amount), pasta sauce (also the amount depends on how sauce you like it and how many noodles you have)
-for today I used fresh basil, parsley, and oregano; Colby-jack cheese (2 cups) and pepper jack cheese (1 cup in cubes); 1 jar of Barilla three cheese pasta sauce (a little more expensive but the taste is worth it)
-other add in ideas chopped veggies (peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms), or fried tofu
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees
5. Cook pasta till it is just shy of being ready to eat (still a little tough to chew)
6. Mix all ingredients into your greased casserole pan


This is pre-baking picture
7. Bake a 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melty
(It is good to stir the dish 1/2 through baking so it does not get to dry on top)

Recipe notes:
*Make it your own! Add in your favotire herbs and cheese to get the taste you really like!

No comments: