Thursday, March 11, 2010

My newest cooking "project"

I watched the movie Julie and Julia recently and inspiration struck me! I wanted to do something similar because:
*I love to cook and try new things
*I want to expand my cooking skills
*I want to try new things I may have never thought of before
So I decided to start by working my way through the cookbook Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer, Ethan Becker, Marion Rombauer Becker
As I've been working I've decided to not conform to a weekly recipe count but to keep making my way through this book when I want to try new things. I've been doing pretty well and discovered some new amazing food. But as with many projects I'm not going to force myself to eat and make food I'm not interested in. So it is a very flexable project. Look for lots of recipes from the Joy of Cooking book.
Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for giving it to me as my first vegetarian cookbook :)

No comments: