Wednesday, June 10, 2009

oddities birthday roadtrip part two


Part two of our adventure and the sign points to our next oddity


The plow in the oak. (Exira, Ia)


Only working Danish windmill in America (Elkhorn, Ia). I also recently learned I have Danish ancestors. (Lynne go ahead I know you want to comment on this one :) )

I do look rather Danish don't I


What a 'mean' looking viking!


Little mermaid (from the children's book) (Kimballton, IA)



Albert the Cow (and Albert the cow campground-not kidding!) (Audubon, Ia)
This is the self timer pictures where John yelled turn around faster and I made it (although I do look at bit deer in the headlights :) )


Yup hes a bull alright ;)
10 foot tall rotating ear of corn. Coon Rapids, Ia)
Yup that's a big ear of corn!

After that we headed back home. A great time and a lot of great oddities.
Check out a roadside oddity near you and send me your story. You can also find oddities and upload them to the roadside America website.

No comments: