Monday, June 29, 2009

Drag show!

I have this list that is mostly in my head of things I want to do in my lifetime there are big things such as skydiving and visiting every Continent. There are also little things like try a specific new restaurant or try a new drink. Last night/this morning I accomplished a medium sized thing on this list: going to a drag show.

Yup that is me with a drag queen!!

I went to the show with my coworker Anna who had also always wanted to go to a show. The show was at Vitos in Downtown Iowa City. Backstory of how we go to this point...We had both learned about it one day at work when I was talking about being in flagline at ISU and how one of the members was a male who was gay and did drag. I said I always wanted to go see him do it but never did for some reason or another. So Anna and I decided we find a show and go to it. Well that night John and I happened to be doing another I've always wanted to do this by eating at Vitos downtown. When we stepped in the door I saw it, I saw the sign for the drag show. Embrace doing and trying new things and you'll be rewared with new and fun things to try!

Anna and me before the show

Drag show review:I was amazed and dazzled by the show and given the opportunity would go again in heart beat! There was great music, fun people, great drag queens, and cheap drinks. If you ever get the opportunity I'd recommend taking it! Make sure to take some dollar bills so you can get to kiss the queen on the cheek :) (they have really soft skin!!) (This would be a great bachlorette party idea and if you do one please invite me :) )

Getting drinks at the show- which one is water... can you tell?

Anna with a drag queen
Marilyn Monore does drag queen.Choco-tini

And since you can't do justice to a drag show with pictures check out some viedo I took at the event! Love it!

More videos to come ;)

No comments: