Tuesday, June 23, 2009

NLUMC Decorah trip: day trip to Burr Oak area

Last Friday Judy, Alecia, John and I took a trip to Burr Oak, IA to visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum. I have always been a Laura fan so it was fun to get to visit a child hood home and learn some history.


Master's hotelMaster's hotel 'parlor'
Master's hotel dinning room

Rope bed usually shared with 2-3 other people whom you didn't know. (I don't think I could do that!)

We then went to Willowglen Nursery which is just south of Burr Oak. They had an amazing selction of very different flowers and a great garden you can tour through. If you ever get near the area I highly recommend a stop!

Water garden



I'd really love to have this in my backyard!

This is the largest hosta I've ever seen!



We saw lots of 'cylcone' flowers :) I might have to start a cyclone garden!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

You guys sure go on a lot of fun trips!

Nolan said...

A few things to note:
1) The scientific term for hosta is funkia. I find that to be totally groovy.
2) The name of your blog kind of looks like Kriste land John. Sorry, but I see land before I see Kristel. No, that's not a bad pun on your name.
3) The website Experts Exchange had a similar, yet much more severe problem. Before they hyphenated their URL, they were expertsexchange.com. I don't think I need to point out why they changed it.

Kristel said...

Tonya- We do love to travel :) and we love to share the best spots we go
Nolan- maybe we can have a day where we call everything by its scientific name- we'll call it Scientific Friday! I'm not changing the blog name and had never seen that till you pointed it out. does that make me ego centric?