Monday, November 9, 2009

our first 5k-we did it!

John and I ran our first 5k this weekend. It was a lot of fun and we both met our time and distance goals. Yes, I ran with the camera...  (did you expect nothing less of my to run w/ my camera take pictures on the go and blog about...i think not!) ...Its to hard to run and take pictures....ok maybe harder then I thought but still fun!
Here are some pictures of our first race!

Looking like real athletes!

Pre-race stretches


Statefair 5k thats me!


relaxing before the race


Go!


See John run (faster then Kristel)


rounding the first bend


still doing good (note the progression of red on my face)


right after mile 1 we had hill city..ugg


not a fan


middle of the hill view of the dairy barn


just a little further!


yeah! i made it


and i'm still alive!


now the down hill part as we round into the campground


my favorite...the down hill run


lovely day!



passing the parking lot, not to far now!


backside of the grandstand


one more turn after this...


finish line!!!


post race treats...got to love the chocolate milk!





WE DID IT!

No comments: