Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back in the bread

Sorry that I am very bad at doing lots of post then not for a while I will work on trying to be a little more consistent in my entries!

Last spring, around April, my bread machine paddle went missing. Now for our family the bread machine isn't one of those things we use every now and again. I pretty much use it 3-4 times a week. I use it for pizza, to do the kneading of breads I take out and shape, for regular sandwich bread, etc. I think I have more bread cookbooks then any other type of cookbook. So my missing paddle was seriously bad news!
John and I searched high and low for it. Then we decided well when we move we'll be able to find it for sure. We moved the paddle never showed up. I looked online and they are very scarce and hard to find. I have been pondering what to do and the only solution to my problem was to buy a new machine and use my current one for parts. I put it off a long time because I didn't want to spend the money. In the meantime I searched for paddle at goodwill, online, kitchen stores, etc. Finially Saturday night I gave in, or at least I thought I did, and was about to start ordering one when John said....did you look on ebay? Well yes I had but I hadn't checked it that night so I though ok I'll look then get on with it.
Behold, what did my eyes find but a paddle a brand new paddle for my machine. I lept at it instantly. It arrived today. Everyday this week I've been marking new recipes I want to try.

Today's is Fresh Basil Bread. I'll let you know how its goes. I may have to start a bread feature.

No comments: