Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Poetry

Tonight I'm going to have to keep it pretty short and sweet. I started classes on Tuesday and have been inundated with homework. 3 out of my 4 classes are in Spanish making what seems like "light reading" take me a few hours. Alas, I'm getting my Spanish groove back. When spured me to write tonight was two fold. I wanted to make note that I started growing some herbs for my **summer** garden. Hopefully they will be sprouting by next weekend. Secondly the title of today entry- poetry. I'm basically taking two poetry classes this semester- one is creative writing the other is straight out poetry. In my "poetry" class I was asked to write a paragraph about my favorite poem. This made me realize- I don't have one while I enjoy poetry I've never really spent much time or know to much about. I guess I'll be learning now! For class I am going to get to attend my first poetry slam. What I need for all of you is a bit of help to do my homework...dear readers tell me what is your favorite poem and why? Hopefully you can inspire me and help me discover my favorite one :)

No comments: